Get The Best Deal By Experts!+91-9759-222-888
Haridwar Tour Package
Haridwar: A beautiful town situated next to the famous Ganga River. Haridwar is known as "The Gateway to God". People from all around the world come here to have a bath in the Ganga river....
As it's believed, if you take a bath in the Ganga River you wash out all your sins. Haridwar is one of the ancient & holiest cities of India. The culture of the Hindu religion attracts visitors from all around the world.
Haridwar is the place where the river Ganga enters the plain areas for the first time. Tourists can enjoy the crystal clear water of the Ganga river & a beautiful view of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas in the city. Haridwar has various Ghats where you can see or enjoy evening Ganga aarti & people prefer to sit there for some inner peace. The most common thing you hear in India about Haridwar is "Agar Apne pap Dhone hai to Haridwar me dubki Lagao" (If you want to purify yourself / wash out your sins please take a dip in Haridwar.)
Haridwar called as various names followers of Shiva called it as Hardwar as Har represent Shiva & Dwar represent Gates so its become Gateway to Shiva. The followers of Vishnu called it Haridwar as Hari represents Vishnu & Dwar represents the Gates so it's called Gateway to Vishnu.
History of Haridwar City: Its is believed the city has existed between 1700 B. C and 1800 B. C. Haridwar was alive during the period of the buddha. Thomas Coryat, a famous British traveler, visited Haridwar during the kingdom of Jahangir. In the 18th century, Haridwar was used as a port by the East India Company. After the British arrived in Haridwar it was connected with a railway line in 1886. Laksar was the major station at that time later connected with Dehradun in 1906. The Mughal Emperor Akbar drank water from the Ganga and called it "The water of Immortality."
Ashrams in Haridwar
1. Shanti Kunj Ashram: Shanti Kunj Ashram is situated at Haripur Kalan in Haridwar. The Ashram was established by Pt. Ram Krishan Sharma Acharya in 1971. It's also known as Gayatri Pariwar and inside the Ashram, they have the Gayatri Mata Temple. Ashram serves you over 1000 rooms for free to stay & learn spirituality, sacramental rites, Music classes, and spiritual lectures.
2. Hari Har Ashram: The Hari Har Ashram is also known as Prabhu Premi Sangh. The ashram is situated in the Kankhal area of Haridwar town. The main attraction of the temple is the mercury Shivling situated inside the ashram. The ashram has daily activities like Yagna in the morning, round-the-clock Akhand Harinaam Sankirtan & free meals for everyone.
3. Pilot Baba Ashram: The Pilot Baba Ashram is situated in the Kankhal area of Haridwar. The ashram where you can see a glimpse of patriotism along with devotion, the idols in the ashram will amaze you. Pilot Baba was born in Sasaram, Bihar, and Babaji's childhood name was Kapil, Pilot Baba, who studied in Banaras Hindu University, worked in the Indian Air Force and Kapil, popularly known as Pilot Baba, was posted as a pilot in the Indian Air Force.
4. Dhoodhadhari Ashram: Dhoodhadhari Ashram is situated at the Dhoodhadhari chowk. The ashram is famous for its marble structure. Ashram has the Hanuman & Sita-Ram temple inside. Dhoodhadhari ashram also has a Dhoodhadhari Burfani Hospital. They accept around 700 patients in one day from morning to evening.
5. Jairam Ashram Ashram: The Jiram Ashram is one of the biggest ashrams in Haridwar situated in Bhimgoda. The land was purchased by Shree Devendra Swaroop Ji Maharaj in 1972. The construction of the building was started in 1974 in memory of Shree Jairam Ji Maharaj. Param Pujya Brahmachari Shri Devendra Swaroop Ji Maharaj has established a charitable hospital, granary, and library in this building for public welfare.
6. Anandamayi Ashram: Ma Anandamayi Ashram is situated next to Daksha Temple in Haridwar. Shri Anandmayi Ma was born in 1896 in the small village Kheora. Now in Bangladesh. The ashram is situated in the old town Kankhal. The ashram has followers from all over the world.
7. Saptrishi Ashram: Saptrishi Ashram is one of the oldest ashrams in Haridwar. The Ashram is situated 04 km in Haripur Kalan town. The wall of the ashram shows the story of Seven sacred Rishi's (Sages) who used to meditate at the place where the ashram is situated. The area is a nearby ashram known as Sapt Sarovar, the seven streams of River Ganga. The Ashram has a Sanskrit school for poor children.
Temples in Haridwar
1. Daksha Temple: Daksha Temple is situated in the Kankhal area of Haridwar. Daksha temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Daksha was the father-in-law of Shiva & the father of Mata Sati. Temple is built by queen Dhan Kaur in 1810 & rebuilt in 1962. The temple has the Ganga river stream next to him & also has an old Banyan & ficus tree inside. The place is known as the Daksha temple as King Daksha has performed a Yagna here & did not invite Lord Shiva. Sati (Shiva's wife) was angry with her father & burned herself in Yagna Kund. Shiva becomes angry with this incident & chopped Daksha's head. As the main Shivling in the temple forms a chopped head. On the day of Shivaratri huge crowds line up in the temple to offer milk & Ganga Jal on the Shivlinga.
2. Mansa Devi Temple: Mansa Devi temple is situated on the Bilwa Parvat. A temple is located on top of the hill. The temple is dedicated to Mata Shakti known as Mansa Devi. The temple named Mansa Devi means wish it's believed she fulfills the wishes of devotees. Devotees believe if they wish from the heart, the wish gets fulfilled here. Temple has two ways to reach the top one is by walking & another by cable car. Walking takes 01.5Hrs to reach the temple as devotees walk without shoes also. Another way to reach the temple is by cable car. It took only 10 minutes. During summer sessions (April to June) & on festivals people have to wait in the long queue to get tickets & have darshan into the temple.
3. Chandi Devi Temple: Mansa Devi temple is situated on the Neel Parvat. Another temple is located on top of the hill. The temple is dedicated to Mata Shakti (Mata Parvati) reincarnated as Chandi Devi to killed two demons named Shumbh & Nishumbh. The Indra & Gods were thrown away from heaven by the Shumbh & Nishumbh. Parvati took the reincarnation of a beautiful woman. The demon was amazed by her beauty and wanted to marry her. The Goddess refused his proposal & the demon sent his army chief Chand & Mund to kill her. She killed both demons at this hill and despair. Since then the temple is known as Chandi Devi Temple. Temple has two ways to reach the top one is by 04 km walk & another by cable car. Walking takes 03.5Hrs to reach the temple as devotees walk without shoes also (which they have made wish they will come without shoes if their wish comes true). Another way to reach the temple is by cable car. It took only 15 minutes. During summer sessions (April to June) & on festivals people have to wait in the long queue to get tickets & have darshan into the temple.
4. Bharat Mata Temple: Bharat Mata temple is a multi-story building dedicated to freedom fighters, Goddesses, different states of India, Shiva & Bharat Mata (Mother India). Temple is situated in Haripur Kalan in Haridwar. Temple has 08 stories and each floor has different things to visit. Temple has a lift facility to reach the floor only and they have to go down by walk only. Lift costs INR. 02/- per person to go top only.
Floor 08: This floor is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Its displays the Himalayan abode of Lord Shiva.
Floor 07: This floor represents all reincarnations of Gods taken to save earth from demons.
Floor 06: The sixth floor is dedicated to women's power. Women in the form of Fighter (Laksmibai), Saint (Ahilya), Sati (Mata Sati), Goddess (Parwati), etc.
Floor 05: The fifth floor represents all states in India. Its shows the different cultures & religions of India.
Floor 04: The fourth floor is dedicated to Saints of India. Its shows all saints of different religions of India like Kabirdas, Ravidas, Surdas, Kalidas & Guru Nanak Dev.
Floor 03: The third floor represents all the Goddesses of India. The floor is known as Matru Mandir. All reincarnations of Mata Parvati have been taken to save earth from demons.
Floor 02: The second floor is dedicated to freedom fighters of India. It shows all people who fight to get India's freedom.
Floor 01: The first floor is dedicated to Bharat Mata (Mother India).
Popular Haridwar Tour Packages
|Haridwar Rishikesh Tour Package||Rs. On Request*||2 Nights 3 Days||Per Person||
|Haridwar Rishikesh Mussoorie Tour||Rs. On Request*||5 Nights 6 Days||Per Person||
|Haridwar Rishikesh Jim Corbett Tour||Rs. On Request*||5 Nights 6 Days||Per Person||
|Haridwar Rishikesh Nainital Tour||Rs. On Request*||5 Nights 6 Days||Per Person||
|Haridwar Rishikesh Varanasi Tour Package||Rs. On Request*||5 Nights 6 Days||Per Person||
Haridwar Holiday Packages
Haridwar Rishikesh Tour Package2 Nights 3 Days
Book Haridwar Tour Package with Rishikesh for 2 nights 3 days from Delhi to Delhi.
Haridwar Rishikesh Mussoorie Tour5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Mussoorie tour package from Dehradun for 5 nights 6 days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Jim Corbett Tour5 Nights 6 Days
Haridwar Rishikesh Jim Corbett tour package is available at the best deals from Delhi to Delhi.
Haridwar Rishikesh Nainital Tour5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Nainital tour package from Dehradun for 5 nights 6 days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Varanasi Tour Package5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Varanasi tour package from Dehradun for 5 nights 6 days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Agra Mathura Tour6 Nights 7 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Agra Mathura Vrindavan Tour Package for 6 nights 7 days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Chopta Tour Package5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Chopta Tour Package from Dehradun for 5 Nights 6 Days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Auli Tour5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Auli Tour Package from Dehradun for 5 Nights 6 Days.
Haridwar Rishikesh Lansdowne Package5 Nights 6 Days
Book Haridwar Rishikesh Lansdowne Tour Package from Dehradun for 5 Nights 6 Days.
Dehradun Haridwar Rishikesh Mussoorie Tour5 Nights 6 Days
Explore Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Mussoorie tour for 5 nights 6 days.
Haridwar Tour FAQs
Below is a list of the most popular thing to do in Haridwar.
Ganga Aarti at Haridwar
Har ki Pauri
Shantikunj Gayatri parivar
Chandi Devi Temple
Mansha Devi Temple
Haridwar is situated along the holy Ganga, Haridwar is famous for its Temple and river Ganges where pilgrims bathe to relieve themselves of their sins and achieve salvation.
Haridwar is a revered pilgrimage site for Hindus and is flocked with tourists and pilgrims all year round.
While the town experiences a moderate climate throughout the year, the best time to visit Haridwar is between Feburary, March, and April.The weather is cool and pleasant to stay and visit.
Har ki Pauri Ghat. Translating to 'Footstep of God, this is a holy bank on the river Ganga.
Temple, Ringing bells, and mantra chantings emanate off every street in the temple city of Haridwar.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination if you have it.
Vaccine card protector.
N95 masks for your protection.
Kids' KN95 Masks.
travel disinfecting wipes (for the plane )
The Distance between Delhi to Haridwar by road is 213 KM. The aerial distance from Delhi to Haridwar is 175 KM.
The road conditions in Haridwar largely remain unaffected during the monsoons. It is pretty safe traveling to Haridwar in a personal vehicle in the day the night.
© Copyright 2018 Design ByIndia Easy TripAll Rights Reserved