Get The Best Deal By Experts!+91-9759-222-888
Kausani Tour Packages
The Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi called Kausani (which is situated between the Kosi River and the Gomti River) the "Switzerland of India ''. Kausani is a beautiful hill station situated at an altitude of 6075 feet above sea level. This hill town is situated on the top of a hill amidst the dense trees of Child and from this place, one gets a wonderful view of the beautiful valleys like Someshwar, Garuda etc. There is also a tea plantation in this place, which is about 6 kilometers from Kausani towards Baijnath. The tea inthis region is very aromatic and tasty.History of Kausani
The history of Kausani is very interesting. There is a story behind its history as well. About Kausani, a tourist place located in Bageshwar, it is said that Kaushik Muni had done severe penance at this place, hence the name of this place was named "Kausani". Two major historical events happened in the Kausani region, which are remembered even in the present times. The first famous Indian poet, "Sumitranandan Pant" - who was born in Kausani in 1900 and Mahatma Gandhi - who stayed in Kausani for 12 days to complete his work on non-attachment yoga. Then Mahatma Gandhi gave Kausani the title of "Switzerland of India" and he made Kausani famous all over the world by giving information about Kausani's cosmic beauty and Kumaon hills in the book "Young India". A lesser-known thing about the Kausani region is that Kausani was also known as "Valna", which was a part of the state ruled by the Katyuri dynasty, with Karthikeyapura as its capital. At that time Almora district was under the jurisdiction of Raja Baichaldev of Katyuri. Later the king gave a large part of it to a Brahmin of Gujarat, Shri Chand Tiwari.Places to Visit in Kausani
1. Rudradhari Water Fall & Caves: Rudradhari Falls is situated at a distance of 12km from Kausani to Almora road in Kausani. It is a natural place, where water flows from a height and flows along the river. Many ancient caves have been discovered near the waterfall. According to the legend, this place is associated with Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. Someshwara Shiva Temple is situated near the waterfall. Devotees believe that these caves have an association with Lord Shiva, also known as Rudra and Hari (another name for Lord Vishnu). This waterfall can be easily seen while trekking to Adi Kailash Kshetra or Trishul Parvat.
2. Gwaldham: Gwaldam is a beautiful place connecting Garhwal and Kumaon. This place is situated at an altitude of 1700 meters above sea level and is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state. The place is full of forests and small lakes, which provide a peaceful environment. This tourist place offers beautiful & attractive views of peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul and Nandghuti. Gwaldam is an ideal place to view the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. The famous Nanda Devi Raj Jat Yatra en route to Gwaldam and the trek to the mysterious Roopkund Lake is the most famous trekking excursion from Gwaldam.
3. Baijnath Temple: This temple is located in Garud tehsil of Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand state. This temple is situated on the banks of river Gomti at a distance of 2 km from Garuda. Baijnath temple is about 1000 years old, it is said about this temple that this temple was built in just one night. Baijnath is a very important and historical place of Uttarakhand. Baijnath is situated on the banks of river Gomti, situated at a distance of just 17 km from Kausani. The center of most attraction for tourists is the Shiva, Ganesh, Parvati, Chandika, Kuber, Surya temples built in the 12th century. There are many temples made of stone, in which the main temple is of Lord Shiva.
4. Kausani Tea Estate: Kausani Tea Garden is located on Bageshwar Road, 5 km from Kausani. This plantation is divided into 21 parts and is spread over 208 hectares. Kausani tea plantation is famous all over the world, here Giriyaz Uttaranchal tea is grown in a plantation spread over 208 hectares. Tourists can come here to visit these gardens as well as have a view inside the tea factory. The famous 'Giriyas Tea' of Uttaranchal is produced here. In addition, organic tea is also produced and this aromatic tea is exported to the United Nations, Germany, Korea and Australia. If you want to buy tea here, you can also buy it.
5. Anashakti Ashram: Anashakti Ashram is also known as Gandhi Ashram as this ashram was built in honor of Mahatma Gandhi. The Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi had visited this ashram in 1929. Mahatma Gandhi wrote about this place that "Anashakti" means - such a yoga by which you are completely immersed in the world and many books and photographs related to the life of Mahatma Gandhi are available in this ashram. . At present, this ashram has now turned into a study and research center. A prayer hall is also present in Anashakti Ashram, where prayers are offered every morning and evening.
6. Sumitranandan Pant Museum: This museum is dedicated to the famous Hindi poet Sumitranandan Pant born in Kausani. Pant Sangrahalaya Jnanpith Awarded famous poet Sumitranandan Pantji's life-related items, as well as manuscripts and letters of his poems, are present in this museum. Here is a huge collection of books written by him in Hindi and in English, which is kept in a glass cupboard. A conference is organized here every year on the birthday of Sumitranandan Pant. This museum is at a short distance from the Kausani bus stand. If you go to Kausani then do not miss to visit the library located in Kausani as the museum has some very interesting collections of books.
7. Kot Bhramari temple: Kot Bhramari Temple is also known as "Bhramari Devi Temple" and "Kot ki Mai". Kot Bhramari Temple is a must-see temple in Kot Brahmari, which is dedicated to the Bhramar avatar of Goddess Durga. It is situated on a hill 20 km from Kausani. According to a famous legend, it is believed that the great Indian guru Adi Guru Shankaracharya stayed at this place on his way to Garhwal. Every year in August a large-scale fair is organized here, which is known as "Nanda Ashtami" or "Nanda Raj Jat Yatra" and this fair lasts for three days. Devotees of Kot Brahmari temple come from far and wide in this fair.
8. Lakshami Ashram: The Laxmi Ashram was built in 1948 by Catherine Hillman, a follower of Mahatma Gandhi. It is also known as Sarla Ashram. She was a great admirer of Gandhiji. In 1931 she left London and came to India and joined Mahatma Gandhi's freedom movement. In this ashram girls are taught about cooking, growing vegetables and cleanliness. Not only this, many orphan girls and women also live in this ashram. The purpose of the ashram is to provide the women of Kumaon a safe place to live and also to teach them such skills so that they can become self-reliant. Laxmi Ashram is located at a distance of 1 kilometre from the bus station of Kausani.
9. Someshwar: Someshwar is a famous town situated 11 km away from Kausani. The city is known for the temple of Lord Shiva. The Virajit temple at Someshwar was built by Raja Somchand, the founder of the Chand Empire. This place is named after combining the names of King Soma and Lord Maheshwar. The temple located in Someshwara is a very attractive temple built in the Katyuri style, which attracts tourists. This temple is at a distance of 19 km from Kausani.
By Road: Kausani can be reached by road very easily by driving from Delhi by 420Km. Nainital & Haldwani are the nearest places to reach Dehradun by road. Buses & taxis are available for Dehradun from these places.
By Train: Kathgodam & Haldwani is the nearest railway station. It is well connected to all major cities of India. Trains are also available from Haridwar, Rishikesh & Delhi.
By Air: Pantnagar is the nearest airport to Kausani. It's well connected to all cities.
Kausani Popular Tour Packages
|Kausani Tour Package
|Rs. On Request*
|2 Nights 3 Days
|Kausani Mukteshwar Tour Package
|Rs. On Request*
|4 Nights 5 Days
|Kausani Jim Corbett Nainital Package
|Rs. On Request*
|6 Nights 7 Days
Kausani Holidays Packages
Kausani Tour Package2 Nights 3 Days
Book 2 nights 3 days Kausani tour package.
Kausani Mukteshwar Tour Package4 Nights 5 Days
Book 4 nights 5 days Kausani Mukteshwar tour package.
Kausani Jim Corbett Nainital Package6 Nights 7 Days
Kausani Jim Corbett with Nainital Package Itinerary
Kausani Tour FAQs
Kausani is famous for its scenic beauty, snow-clad peaks, misty valleys, and pine forest. With so much to offer to tourists destination as the tagged this destination as the Switzerland of India" One of most explores Kausani least once in their lifetime.
List of Activities you can do in Kausani
1 Visit temples near Kausani.
2 Anashakti Ashram
3 Nature walk in Kausani
4 shopping in kausani
5 Visit kausani tea Estate
6 Lakshmi Asharm
7 Sumitranandan pant Museum
To explore Kausani and its nearby surroundings at a relaxed pace, one would need Two & Three days minimum as there are plenty of places in and around Kausani.
Best time to visit: April to June are the ideal month to visit Kausani. The months of December mid-February have Kausani covered with sheets of snow.
The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport, about 170 km away.
The most famous peak on view is Nanda Devi, The second-highest mountain in India. It is situated at a height of 25,645 feet and 36 miles away as the crow flies.
Kausani is known for its unparalleled views of the Himalayan range and in the winter month, it covered snow. snowfall is mostly expected in the month of January & February, and it is this time when the entire place becomes white.
Approx 115 km via NH109
© Copyright 2018 Design ByUprillAll Rights Reserved