Get The Best Deal By Experts!+91-9759-222-888
Kanatal Tour Packages
Kanatal is an offbeat destination in Uttarakhand Tehri Garhwal situated at an altitude of 2600Mts (8,500Feet). Kanatal is known as the offbeat...
destination near Mussoorie surrounded by Apple orchids, picturesque Himalaya views & adventure activities hub. Kanatal is the best destination for honeymoon couples, family tours & travelers who want to stay in a peaceful environment. Kanatal gets snow from December to February. From March to November Kanatal becomes green land for nature lovers.
History of Kanatal: In the history of the place to be said there was a Pond (Tal) in the city. When it (the pond) has dried up people used to call it Kana Taal (Pond) in the Hindi language. Since Place known as Kanatal.
Another historic Temple is situated in Kanatal known as Surkanda Devi Temple. The temple is dedicated to Sati Mata (Lord Shiva's first wife). Legend says the Head of Mata Sati has fallen here while being carried by Lord Shiva. Thus the temple is known as The Surkanda Devi temple. (Literally means head fallen on ground). The temple is surrounded by beautiful mountains and its looks 10 times more beautiful when snow is around.Places to Visit in Kanatal
1. Eco Park: Eco park is one of the best places to see in Kanatal. Eco Park in Dhanaulti is a newly developed park by the Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) and citizens of Dhanaulti, which houses the deodar trees. A beautiful destination for picture & selfie lovers. The park is surrounded by Deodar trees & presents you with a beautiful view of Himalayan peaks if the weather is clear. Eco Park has an entry fee of INR. 50/- per person.
2. Kaudia Forest: Kaudia Forest provides you a beautiful path to walk in the dense forest. The forest is famous for family picnics, bird watching, Hiking & nature photography. With the permission of forest guards, you can explore Kaudia Forest for a perfect nature walk. You can experience walking through the greenery, natural springs gurgling along the sides.
3. Surkanda Devi Temple: Another historic Temple is situated in Kanatal known as Surkanda Devi Temple. The temple is dedicated to Sati Mata (Lord Shiva's first wife). Legend says the Head of Mata Sati has fallen here while being carried by Lord Shiva. Thus the temple is known as The Surkanda Devi temple. (Literally means head fallen on ground). The temple is surrounded by beautiful mountains and it looks 10 times more beautiful when snow is around. Mata Sati was the daughter of King Daksha. Daksha was unhappy with the choice of her daughter over her husband. So when he performed a Yagna did not invite Shiva in the Yagna. Mata Sati was unhappy with her father's decision. She felt insulted and burned herself into the fire. Shiva was stricken with grief and rage at the loss of his wife. Lord Shiva appeared at the place and lifted Sati's dead body and walked to Mount Kailash. Vishnu was watching the whole incident and sent Sudarshan Chakra to divide Sati's body into 51 parts. Wherever parts of Sati's body have felt they become Shakti Peeth.
Things to do in Kanatal:
1. Camping: The rich bounty of nature makes Kanatal a perfect destination for camping. As people can stay in tents and climate during night suitable for the bonfire.
2. Hiking/Trekking: Kanatal allows you an opportunity to trek through Kaudia forest. An up and down trail provides you with the best trek with the view of nature & mountains.
3. Bird Watching Kanatal is a house of several rare & beautiful Himalayan birds. Bird watchers can enjoy bird watching here in the Kanatal forest.
How to reach Kanatal:
By Road: Kanatal can be reached by road very easily by driving from Delhi by 350Km. Haridwar, Rishikesh & Dehradun are the nearest places to reach Kanatal by road. Buses & taxis are available for Kanatal from these places.
By Train: Dehradun is the nearest station for Kanatal. It is well connected to all major cities of India. Trains are also available from Haridwar, Rishikesh & Delhi.
By Air: Dehradun Jolly Grant is the nearest airport to Kanatal. It's well connected to all cities.
Tips for Kanatal Trip:
List of the things to carry if going to hike/trek
Popular Kanatal Tour Packages
|Kanatal Tour Package From Dehradun||Rs. On Request*||2 Nights 3 Days||Per Person||
|Kanatal Rishikesh Tour Package||Rs. On Request*||4 Nights 5 Days||Per Person||
|Kanatal Mussoorie Tour Package||Rs. On Request*||4 Nights 5 Days||Per Person||
Kanatal Holiday Packages
Kanatal Tour Package From Dehradun2 Nights 3 Days
Book Kanatal Holiday Tour 2 Nights 3 Days from Dehradun Airport / Railway Station.
Kanatal Rishikesh Tour Package4 Nights 5 Days
Kanatal Rishikesh Tour Package from Dehradun for 4 Nights 5 Days.
Kanatal Mussoorie Tour Package4 Nights 5 Days
Enjoy Holidays in Kanatal with Mussoorie for 4 Nights 5 Days.
Kanatal Tour FAQs
You are blessed with snowfall at Kanatal during December, January, and February. Monsoon months receive heavy rainfall to nourish the greenery of this region is a must-visit destination.
Hiking: The Rigid terrains of Kanatal offer Ample Hiking and trekking opportunities for the adventure Junkies to conquer the dusty hills of Garhwal.
Jungle safari at Kodia forest
Kanatal is worth visiting It is a hill station known for apple orchids Himalayan views, peaceful weekend getaways, picnic spots, and much more It is a perfect destination for a peaceful gateway.
2 to 3 days are enough for Kanatal. A more than enough to visit Kanatal. You can rush to the nearest tourist hub Dhanaulti for more.
Jolly Grand Airport is the nearest Airport to Kanatal. It is situated 92km from Kanata with well-metalled roads. Taxi easily available from Jolly Grand Airport to Kanatal.
Top 9 places to visit in Kanatal
Dhanaulti Eco Peak
Jai Seim Kaaliya Nagraja Temple
Camp carnival kanatal
Distance between Dehradun to Kanatal by road is 69 KM. The aerial distance from Dehradun to Kanatal is 32 KM.
All categories of hotels are there for every traveler's budget to luxury. Lodge, Homestays, 1-star to 4-star hotels.
© Copyright 2018 Design ByIndia Easy TripAll Rights Reserved